Friday, September 2, 2011

Signiture Blocks

Do you ever sign your name to a quilt block?
Sometimes we send quilt blocks off as part of a swap, or for a special quilt to be given from friends.

There are several methods to sign your name.
The most important criteria is that you want the signature to be permanent.
Some like to embroider.
I usually like to sign with a Micron pen, made with Archival ink.

Here is a little tip that I have learned:
Even though the ink is considered permanent, it's best to set it with heat from an iron.

This extra little step will help the ink last through multiple washings.


I like to use Miron 05 in Black.

Archival quality

Acid Free

When you order in sets, you recieve a great discount on Amazon.com

They last for years, and I've never had a problem with the ink drying up.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I've had my pens for about fifteen years or more and not one has dried up yet. I like these pens for labels.

Abby and Stephanie said...

The pens I use dry up. I do heat set as well. Great tip!

Needled Mom said...

I will have to remember to heat set mine in the future. I never do that.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I once made a quilt where I request 6" signature blocks form my online quilt group. I still love to look at all of the sigs and places. I use pigma pens and now with my emroidery machine I have gone crazy.